Are you tired of getting out the credit card every time you want to obtain a new foreign-language learning tool? When you start to tally up, the bottom line can be shocking: a couple of software programs, listen-and-speak audio package(s), dictionary, grammar textbook(s), reading material, audio books … KaCHING! It adds up quickly.
However, there is a plethora of FREE foreign language reading material available on the Internet. Whenever you have a few minutes to spare, you can read on your computer, Blackberry, smartphone, PDA or other electronic reading device. It is easy once you know how. This article explains.
The first thing you must do is to obtain software. Mobipocket.com (an Amazon.com subsidiary) is your first stop. Go to the “Free Downloads” area on the left hand side of the page and click on “Free Software”. Download and install both Mobipocket Reader and Mobipocket Creator.
Return to the Mobipocket.com home page and select “Download free eBooks”. Pick the language you are learning and download the eBooks in which you are interested. Within just a few minutes, you can be reading public domain classics. The software bookmarks your spot whenever you leave a book, so you never lose your place.
As this article is written, Mobipocket hosts over 11,500 free books in more than 25 different languages.
You can find even more books at Project Gutenberg – Gutenberg.org. Some books at their site are already in mobi format. Others can be formatted very quickly and easily by using Mobipocket Creator to import text, html, pdf, or Microsoft Word files.
Under the Project Gutenberg “Free Books” area, choose the link for their “Online Book Catalog”. Choose a foreign language and alpha browse by author or title – or scroll down on the page until you see a book of interest. This site presents over 50 languages with more than 28,000 books. They also have partners and affiliates, increasing the total number of titles available to over 100,000. That should keep you busy for awhile!
Some books at Gutenberg also have audio files.
Librivox (Librivox.org) is another good stop. Their goal is to make all public domain books available as free audio books. They are a totally volunteer, open source, free content, public domain project. You may be able to supplement your reading material with an audio presentation.
Be sure to check the above websites for links to others providing similar or complementary services.
Still looking for more? Try a search in your favorite search engine for “free books online”. Alternatively, try something like “free books online German”, substituting “German” for the foreign language you are learning.
You will never lack for reading material – and it is absolutely FREE.
(c) Copyright Kathy Steinemann: This article is free to publish only if this copyright notice, the byline, and the author’s note below (with active links) are included.
If you enjoyed reading the tips in this article, be sure to check Kathy’s book, “Practical and Effective Tips for Learning Foreign Languages“. It is an eBook chockfull of free resources and tips that will save you both time and money.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathy_Steinemann
Author: Kathy SteinemannMail this post
Here’s a fast, easy list for you. Use it as checklist to see what you need to do to increase traffic. Or use it as a review list if you have already been working on improving your website traffic. It will help you find ways that you might have known or forgotten.
1. People love to receive free or win free stuff, whether they really need it or want it. A free eBook is perfect to satisfy those needs over the Internet. They will visit your website to get the free valuable information.
2. Give away the full version of your eBook in exchange for testimonials. You can use these customer statements to improve your ads’ effectiveness.
3. When you create an eBook, you change your image to “Expert.” This will gain people’s trust and they will buy your main product or service quicker.
4. Publish your website in eBook format. Put the eBook on a disk or CD-ROM then include it with your direct mail packages. This can increase the number of people that buy your product or service.
5. Offer your eBook as a free bonus for buying one of your main products or services. People will buy the product or service more often when you offer a free bonus.
6. Allow people to download your free eBook, if they give the e-mail addresses of 3 to 5 friends or associates that would be interested in your eBook. This will quickly build your e-mail list.
7. Create a directory of websites in eBook form. List peoples websites in the directory that will agree to advertise the eBook on their website or e-zine (electronic newsletter). This will give them an incentive to give away or advertise your eBook.
8. Allow other people to give away your free eBook. This will increase the number of people that will see your ad in the eBook. You could also include a mini catalog of all your product or services that you offer in the eBook.
9. Gain new leads by having people sign up and give you their contact information before they can download your eBook. This is a very effective way to conduct market research.
10. Make money selling advertising space in your eBook. You could charge for full-page color ads, classified ads or banners ads. You could also trade advertising space in your eBook for other forms of advertising.
11. Give away the eBook as a gift to your current customers as a way of letting them know you appreciate their business. Place an ad in the eBook for a new back end product you are offering
12. Get free advertising by submitting your eBook to freebie and freeware/shareware websites. This will increase the number of people that will download your eBook and see your ad.
13. Make money by selling the reprint rights to those that would like to sell the eBook. You could also make even more money by selling the master rights. This would allow other people to sell the reprint rights.
14. Hold a contest on your website so people can win your eBook. You will get free advertising by submitting your contest ad to free contest or sweepstakes directories. Just make sure you publicize the winner’s information — they love the acknowledgment.
15. You will gain valuable referrals from people telling others about your eBook. Word of mouth advertising can be very effective.
16. Make money cross promoting your eBook with other people’s products or services. This technique doubles your marketing effort without spending more time and money on your part.
17. Increase your e-zine subscribers by giving away your eBook to people that subscribe to your e-zine. This will give people an incentive to subscribe. Allow your e-zine subscribers to also give it away to multiply your subscribers.
18. Give away the eBook to people that join your affiliate program. This will increase the number of people that subscribe. You could also create an eBook for them to use that will help them promote your product or service.
19. Give away the eBook in exchange for people leaving their contact information. This will help you follow-up with the prospects that buy your main product or service.
20. Offer a free eBook that contains a couple of sample chapters. If they like it, give them the option of ordering the full version. It would work just like a software demo or shareware.
You will want to print this list and keep it in your website improvement file if you aren’t quite ready. Or add it to your planning list.
Catherine Franz, a Professional Marketing & Writing Coach, specializes in product development, Internet writing and marketing, nonfiction, training. Newsletters and articles available at: http://www.abundancecenter.com blog: http://abundance.blogs.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Catherine_Franz
Author: Catherine FranzMail this post